If you haven’t guessed already, I love documenting and tracking everything about my fitness. Here are a few of my favorites that I use on a weekly/daily basis.
What are your favorites? What am I missing? 🙂
- MyFitnessPal – I use MFP daily to track calories in/out. (1,070 consecutive days going strong!) (Free!)
- MapMyRun – I signed up for the MVP access on MapMyRun (includes all MapMyFitness apps) and love this app for tracking my runs. The route genius feature is ultimately what sold me on this over Runkeeper which was my go-to prior to MapMyRun. (Free but I payed for the MVP version, I think $20/year?)
- Gipis – I use Gipis for my marathon training plan. When I start a run I initiate Gipis and MapMyRun simultaneously so the data is saved both places. For treadmill runs I upload to both manually after my run. (Free!)
- Fitbit – I took a year off of Fitbit only because it was becoming something of an obsession. However, I just picked this back up again recently to track how my steps add up with my marathon training. I am also interested in tracking my sleep to be sure I am getting enough rest as well. (The Fitbit app is free but you purchase the device.)
- FitnessBuilder – I’ve been using Fitness Builder for my strength training workouts. Right now I’m working through the dumbbells program twice a week since I have that equipment both at home and at the LA Fitness I frequent. I like that it has timer and you can save the weights used. The weights used on the same exercise last time are shown below which help me gauge what to use for the current workout. (Free!)
- Withings – This app links to some other apps I have like MFP. I mostly use this to log my weight. I weigh-in once per week on the scale which then sends that data to the app on my phone. (App is free but you purchase the scale.)
That’s all I’ve got for now! I’ve tried many others and either disliked or become bored with them. Would love to know what else is out there though. Happy Tuesday everyone!