Type the word measly into google and here’s what you get: paltry, meager, scanty, miserable, inadequate, insufficient. This perfectly describes my running mileage this past week. Reviewing my mapmyrun app I put in about 5 miles. That’s generous, let me rephrase: barely 5 miles. 5 miles on a goal of 15-20 is not so hot. Rest assured though, I was not napping all week!
Here’s what did happen while I wasn’t running those additional 10+ miles:
- Started my finance class. Put in at least 15 hours on this class this
week just reading and putting together my outline. I still have a little less than half the paper left to write later tonight/tomorrow.
- Started my new weight lifting routine. Managed to get every work out in. Had to cut the last workout of the week short because my 8 year old had a stomach flu so I couldn’t go to the gym as planned and I don’t have all of the equipment at home. So I got in what I could and called it good.
- It was our first week on a new initiative at work. Crazy busy with lots of new meetings and activity. Definitely well over the 40 this week but am very excited about this project.
- I did get my 2 HIIT sessions in without issue – yay! Felt good to meet with my trainer again.
- Went to 5 hockey games for my kiddos.
- Went to my monthly book club meeting with my girlfriends, went to my husband’s company party and we also had date night tonight at the Minnesota Wild Game. (Yes, the fun stuff counts too!)
Here’s the good news. I still have 8 months or so before the actual marathon. 5 miles is better than none and next week will be better. 🙂